Software Development Summary Nov 2021
October was an exciting month! We launched the Metaverse Network & Bit.Country Pioneer Parachain Auction campaign to secure a Kusama Parachain Slot for our canary network.
The campaign was a success, with a record-breaking number of contributors and received 209,494 KSM (worth more than 100m USD at the time the Crowdloan finished).
Metaverse.Network has Passed the Security Audit
The Pioneer blockchain on Kusama has passed the security audit by SlowMist, which is a major milestone for us to prepare the code to spin up a metaverse parachain!
Tech Lead (Daniel) Update
- Game — Enhance the scalability of the game server.
- Game — Enhance the user experience of building blocks within their subdivision.
- Continuum Map — Improve performance in map tile creation/ updation.
- Continuum Map — Display land block details/ customization on the continuum map when zoom in to a specific level.
- Land block Map — Map loading performance Improved.
- Land block Map — Allow owners to customize their land block by uploading images, changing color.
- Land block Map — Added feature for sharing embed HTML Code of a specified area of the land block map
- Subdivisions — Added feature for landowners to subdivide their land into the estate and added more ways for users to select multiple land units.
- Subdivisions — UI/UX improvement of the subdivision tool, improve the user experience, showing different color schemes while switching the new estates or confirm estates.
Shannon (CTO Metaverse) Update
- Update game client, multiplayer server and API to support more functionality in all connectivity modes. Users can now build, edit, and place land & assets whether they are connected to the multiplayer server or in single-user mode.
- Integration for new Bit.Country avatars, improvements to the avatar system adding greater support for future 1st and 3rd party avatars. Including updates to avatar syncing between players when in online multiplayer mode.
- Updated the rendering process to better support PBR materials inside the world, while maintaining performance.
- Updated loading process and effect to improve user experience and visual fidelity.
- UX improvements related to modifying land, and related notices when users try to modify another’s land.
- UI/UX improvements across the site from login, dashboard, to metaverse creation and maps. Smoother and simpler flow for getting started in a metaverse or joining one.
- Better onboarding experience for new users on the platform, quick tutorial and orientation to get their bearings.
- Free camera mode to allow for machinima creation inside of metaverse.
Justin (CTO Blockchain)Update
- Upgraded Metaverse Network runtime and client to polkadot 0.9.11.
- Completed preparation genesis hash and wasm to register for Parachain Auction.
- More NFT functionalities were implemented e.g Loyalty fee for NFT Collection owners, time-capsule.
- Completed security audit, all key pallets and concepts passed the Audit.
- Successfully designed and implemented Bit.Country Pioneer Crowdloan campaign and referral campaign.
- Implemented Blockchain monitoring, profiling to Bit.Country Pioneer Network to ensure network and block production stability.
- Designed and implemented Land Block concept on different metaverse, governance release raw land block with the controlled ratio for the network to buy. Completed
- Extended more functionalities and support for Metaverse Network SDK such as Forming Land Estate, buying Raw Land Block etc.
- Designed architecture to scale out off-chain indexer to ensure high availability and fast processing power to support a great data transition between blockchain and game engine.
About Bit.Country & Metaverse Network
Bit.Country & Metaverse Network is a platform & blockchain ecosystem for user-created metaverses, games, and dApps.
Everyone can start their own metaverse with their own fungible or non-fungible tokens, timeline view, and 3D virtual world view. Community owners, influencers and KOLs can utilize the platform and protocol to grow and engage their audience.
Bit.Country & Metaverse Network is disrupting the current creators’ value system built by web2.0, as traditional social platforms are harvesting the value from the community’s time, only distributing a portion of the profits to the creators while members are only being entertained, but not rewarded.
Bit.Country & Metaverse Network is building a future for metaverse owners to have the ability to grow exponentially while letting the members take ownership and earn through a variety of opportunities, benefiting directly from the development of the metaverses they are in.
- We won the 14th Slot on Kusama with record-breaking total contributors.
- Our core founding team launched three other successful global startups in tech, education, and real estate since 2013.
- Accepted participant of Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator (2021), Bootcamp (2021) at Creative Destructive Lab of Toronto University, and a Web3 Foundation Grant Winner. A member of the Substrate Builders Program.
- On May 12th, 2021, Bit.Country completed the seed round capital raise of 4M USD from reputable venture capitals. Read more…
- Our testnet has over 1600 node operators. Node operators are excited about energizing one of the biggest social experiments on web3.0.
- On our early access waiting list, there are 60,000+ users eager to create their own metaverses for their people, and grow it into a valuable asset.
- We designed our token distribution in a community-first approach.
Need more information about Bit.Country Metaverse Network？